03 December 2008

Facebook Blocked?!? (static.ak.fbcdn.net)

I tried to logon to facebook today using google chrome and was presented with the following screen:

It would seem that static.ak.fbcdn.net is being reported as a phishing website!
This is the information for the domain fbcdn.net:

Registrant: 
Facebook, Inc 
156 University Ave, 
3rd Floor Palo Alto, 
CA 94301 US 

Domain name: FBCDN.NET 
Administrative Contact: Admin, 
Domain domain@facebook.com 
156 University Ave, 
3rd Floor Palo Alto, 
CA 94301 US +1.6505434800 
Fax: +1.6505434800 
Technical Contact: Admin, 
Domain domain@facebook.com 
156 University Ave, 
3rd Floor Palo Alto,
 CA 94301 US

It would seem a though this is a legit facebook domain, but I am not able to find any info on the net as to why this domain is blocked! If anyone has any info please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently it is because of a

"broken advertisement link related to the new Facebook Connect service and Facebook is working to correct the problem."

http://a11news.com/1092/static-ak-fbcdn-net-phishing/

chocolate said...

it also attack my computer, always appear with my IDM an make my computer hank for a moment.. I don't know what should I do