Please note I am using Mozilla Firefox 2.0 to download the files
Windows 2003 server with GPMC (Group Policy Managment Console)
- Download Adobe Acrobat to your computer and install it.
- Find the Setup.msi file in the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Setup Files\
- Copy the files in this folder to your NETLOGON folder on your server
- Add the package in your active directory use group policy management console.
Right Click on an OU in AD and select "Create and Link GPO here"
Give the GPO a name. Then Right click on it and select "Edit"
Expand Computer Configuration -> Software Settings -> Software Installation.
Right Click on Software Installation and Select New -> Package.
Browse to \\
netlogon\ . Click ok.
Click ok on the assigned dialog and you are done.
- You Should see the entry below appear in your window indicating that the package is ready to be installed.
- Next time your computers in that OU reboot they should get Adobe Acrobat 8 Installed